Recycled glass is good for the environment
When you place glass in the garbage, it ends up in a landfill and contributes to overall waste. Recycling removes glass waste completely and allows it to be turned into useful products. Recycling saves manufacturers money and reduces the amount of trash going to the landfills.
Other environmental benefits of recycled glass:
- Over a ton of natural resources are saved for every ton of glass recycled
- Homes with fiberglass insulation made from recycled glass have more efficient home energy and lower energy consumption
- Reduces carbon/ greenhouse gas emissions
- Has little to no impact on the nation’s waterways, it doesn’t pollute the oceans, it doesn’t contaminate our water sources
One ton of recycled glass saves:
- 42 kWh of electricity.
- 5 gallons of oil
- 714.3 Btu’s of energy
- 2 cubic yards of landfill space
- 7.5 pounds of air pollutants from being released
Discover how recycled glass financially benefits industries.